From 2021, the Foundation will support the Yennega Project in Burkina Faso, led by Green Hope and les Amis de La Fabrique, to promote women's agricultural entrepreneurship. The project will improve the living conditions of 200 women and their families through the production of onions in the « Centre-Ouest » region of Burkina Faso.
The project's main objective is to develop actions in favour of the sustainable establishment of agricultural activities by rural women. To do so, it intends to :
1. Consolidate and sustainably increase the income of 200 women through:
- The development of a community land by securing the women's agricultural activity through the negotiation of a usufruct contract of at least 20 years,
- Training women producers in best agricultural production practices,
- Support for the agro-ecological transition through access to biofertilisers,
- Support for the search for more profitable markets,
- Support for income diversification.
2. Support women to create and manage successful businesses through:
- Tailor-made managerial training,
- Structuring and formalizing cooperative.
3. Improve women's access to agricultural finance through:
- Access to unsecured credit: €15,000 granted,
- Support for savings,
- Financial education .
4. Improve the family and social environment for women's entrepreneurship through:
- Support for sustainable access to land,
- Awareness raising activities for women and their husband.